Act with more courage. Don’t allow fear to turn you away from opportunities. Risk more.
Take more chances. Fail more. Laugh more and love more.
– Darren Hardy
Click Below to Listen to Today’s Show
Thanks Darren Hardy for sharing these great thoughts. I’m competing in the Toastmasters International Speech Competition. By the time this episode airs I will have completed the Area contest for the competition. I won the Cable Car Toastmasters club competition and move on to our Area competition. My speech is entitled Passion Has A Place. My speech is about Living a Passionate Life
Finding this quote really hit home with me and made me think of these as the 7 Keys to a Passionate Life.
1. Act with more courage. – The important part of this quote is the word Act. Action is what defines passion. Passion without action is just desire. It is just a wish, a thought. Acting on your dreams, your desires, takes courage. What is courage, you ask. You did ask didn’t you? I thought you did. Courage is the ability to do what others won’t. Being the one to step out into the fight, the fray when it seems like the odds are against you. Act with more courage in life.Passion without action is just desire. #passion #opportunity ~ Tony Woodall Click To Tweet
2. Don’t allow fear to turn you away from opportunities. – When opportunities come their way, many people are afraid to take them on. Fear is a killer of opportunity. Fear of success, fear of failure, fear of poverty. These all prevent us from taking the opportunities that are presented to us and we lose the chance to be more than we are now.
3. Risk more. – Risk is not just a game. Have you ever played the game Risk? We used to play Risk when I was a kid. OK, I didn’t play so much. I watched my friend, Larry play after he beat me and most other kids that we played with. Risk is not a game, but maybe we should treat it like a game. People are often risk adverse. They are afraid of taking risks. But risks are necessary in life if you want to grow. Life is about risks. The more risk you are willing to take in your life, your career, even in love, you get farther than those that refuse to take risks. Don’t be someone that settles for mediocre.
4. Take more chances. – We have many chances in life to do many things. We must be willing to take a few more chances to when they come our way. I am going to change this part of the quote to be Make More Chances. What I mean by this is we don’t have to hang around and be ready to take chances when they come our way. What we have to do is go out and make our chances. I thought about this on my walk this morning. My dog, Sophie, takes me for a walk on weekend mornings. It’s her favorite thing to do. We did 5 miles this morning. I usually stop her at 4 but I was in a walking mood, too, so we went to five. Sophie is a Yorkie, a Yorkshire Terrier weighing in at 5 pounds. That’s a lot of walking for people, but in Yorkie steps, its a looooong way.
During the walk I was thinking about my job as community manager and other social media jobs and that these jobs were not even in existence 10 years ago. There are so many careers that didn’t exist when I was growing up. The same is true for you. I was thinking if you have a passion, something you want and love to do and there isn’t a job or career for that, then we should do what we can to create the industry, the job, the position that will fill the passion. Basically, Make More Chances.
5. Fail more. – Failure has always been thought of in a negative light. It’s bad to fail. You’re a loser if you fail. One thing that is known about most successful people is that they have failed many times before they became successful. Thomas Edison, the inventor of the light bulb often talks about how he failed 10,000 times before he created the light bulb the made him a success. When we talk to many start up founders, we hear stories about the failures they endured as they started building their ideas. It’s important to fail, and fail fast. Failure isn’t negative, failure is educational. You have the opportunity to learn what works and what doesn’t. Fail more.
6. Laugh more. – Life is short, enjoy it. Laughter is the best medicine was and probably still is a column that was in Readers Digest magazine when I was growing up, Laughter has been medically proven to be life enhancing. The more laughter we can have in our life, the better we will feel and the healthier we will be. One of my favorite things is to listen to Baby Giggles. Laughing babies are big on the Internet. Everyone loves baby giggles and laughter. They bring a smile to your face and joy to your heart. Go out and find something funny and start laughing.
7. Love more. – Love, like laughter is medically proven to be life enhancing. Finding someone with the same passions, the same dreams, beliefs is critical to find a lasting love. When you find that person, you should share the love and love as much as you can. Spend time being with the ones you love, doing the things you love. Live more, Love More.
Take these 7 Keys and unlock your life of passion.
Go Out Today and Act with more courage. Don’t allow fear to turn you away from opportunities.
Risk more. Take more chances. Fail more. Laugh more and love more.
I get a lot of my quotes from great books that I read. And if you like to listen to books on Audio like I do, I put together a deal with Audible to give Goal Getting Podcast listeners a FREE Audiobook of your choice AND a 30 Day Trial of Audible’s service to try them out.
Just click the link in the Blue Box to get to the Audible sign up!
Goal Getting Masters Private Facebook Group
Are you a Goal Getter that wants to learn to Master Goal Getting!
We’ve started a private Facebook Group to have a place for you to meet other like-minded, Goal-Oriented people that will support you and help you Get The Goals You Set.
If you want to be a part of the Goal Getting Masters Group, go to Goal Getting Podcast.com / masters
Sign up and I will add you to the group. Come prepared to participate and share your goals with other Goal Getters.
If you like our podcast you can easily go Subscribe to our show on iTunes at Goal Getting Podcast.com/itunes
Make Today a Great Day!
Please follow us below on your favorite social media channel. We would love to hear from you there, too. Send us a Tweet, or Instagram Like.
You can connect with us on your favorite by going to GoalGettingPodcast.com / and then Twitter or Facebook, or Instagram
They will easily take you to the social media platforms and make it easy to follow us.
Like our Facebook page
Follow us on Instagram at @GoalGettingPodcast