We had Adam Dicker on our show and he provided some valuable information on the Topics of Domain Name investing, buying and selling, Starting and growing online businesses.
Adam was a wonderful person and just loaded us up with Golden Nuggets today.
Who’s Adam Dicker
Adam is a lifelong entrepreneur who at age 18 received a $100,000 job offer while he was just beginning university. He got online in 1985, right after he got his first Macintosh computer and in 1989, he ran a large computer store in Toronto. He did this until 1994 when he started his own Internet Service provider. After that Adam was hooked on the Internet.
He registered his first domain name in 1996 and Adam is one of a small group of individuals to sell a domain name for seven figures. In 2003 Adam purchased DNForum.com, which is now the most popular domain name forum on the Internet.
Domain Name Investing
- Buying the right name is important. Buy one that would sell.
- Easy to Type & Spell
- Pass the Podcast/Radio Test – must sound good and easy to pronounce or say
- Short – It should be as short as possible and meet the other tests
- Use Keywords that describe the business, what you do, sell, etc.
- Avoid Numbers & Hyphens – people will forget to add hyphens or do numbers wrong
- Be Memorable – It should be something that sticks, is easy to remember
- Register Business Name as Domain Name when you start the business.
- No Trademarks – Don’t use a trademarked name in your domain name – Heavy Fines and loss of income
Online Businesses Website Tips
- On Page SEO
- Off Page SEO
- use Dashes, not Underscores/underbars
- Acquire your social media names
- Contact Forms on website – Don’t use email on site (will get spammed)
- Describe Product on main page – what you are selling
- Alt Image Tags on pictures. Google will read and use for SEO
- Record video, post on YouTube – everything is transcribed and used in searching
- Fiverr.com – can get services for Social Media, Press Releases, etc. for $5.00
Time Management for Goal Getters
Morning Routine – Start your day doing these:
- Revenue Effecting things first
- Customer Service things next – effects revenue
- Non-Revenue generating tasks
Treat every day as a separate day – Have a goal to earn $$ per day, each day
Bell on Desk – Keeps a bell on his desk to ring when he reaches his goal each day
Consistency in Daily “office” routine. Come into the office at the same time each day
Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser. — Donald Trump
Adam’s Recommended Books
Body Language by Julius Fast
This book teaches you to understand the language of your people.
Adam’s Contact Information:
Listen to the Podcast to learn how to contact Adam at his email address and his Cell Phone number.
Thanks for listening to Goal Getting Podcast! We love having you as a listener. Let me know what you think of the show. You can Tweet to me to @GoalsPodcast and let me know what you want to hear on the show. If you want to leave some info or questions for Adam, enter them in the Comments Section. I will get your questions to Adam and he will respond quickly.
Aaron recommended a great book today, and if you like to listen to books on Audio like I do, I put together a deal with Audible to give Goal Getting Podcast listeners a FREE Audiobook of your choice AND a 30 Day Trial of Audibles service to try them out.
Just click the link in the Blue Box to get to the Audible sign up!
Hi, I would love to know what you think of the show. Let Adam and I know by leaving a comment below. If you leave a comment for Adam I will forward and he will respond as soon as possible.
Thank you for listening to Goal Getting Podcast.
Make Today a Great Day!
Subscribe to us on iTunes
Like our Facebook page
Follow us on Instagram at @GoalGettingPodcast
Make Today a Great Day.