Your Mind is Killing Your Dreams!
6 Steps to Stop It Now!
Click Below to Listen to Today’s Show
In our episode last week ( Episode 34 – Click the link here ) we discussed the Subconscious Mind, how it is created and how negative and limiting beliefs can be trapped there from a young age. These negative and limiting beliefs can be replaced with positive, success-oriented beliefs.
One of the chief techniques I teach in the Goal Achievement Success System is a program I learned as a Hypnotherapist. The Mental Bank Concept was developed by the founder of Hypnosis Motivation Institute, Dr. John Kappas, where I studied hypnosis and hypnotherapy techniques.
Dr. Kappas developed “Success is Not An Accident, the Mental Bank Concept” after 35 years of practice, helping many of his patients change their subconscious mind and achieve their goals and dreams.
I began studying the Mental Bank concept along with learning more about how the mind works. I wanted to to learn how to change the limiting beliefs in my own mind and wanted to set myself up to achieve my goals.
What were my goals? I wanted to make more money than I was making. I wanted to have a better career. I had been working in minimum wage jobs or positions that weren’t where I wanted to be in life. I had been in Law Enforcement, worked a rigging truck, delivering supplies to rigging teams at construction sites, worked in grocery stores, worked delivering glass for a glass company and driven limousines for an airport livery service. All minimum wage or just barely above. Certainly not the kind of work I wanted to do, nor the income I wanted to earn.
When I started using the Mental Bank Concept, I was earning about $10,000 per year working low wage jobs. I will show you the method I used to take my income from that $10K annually to over $150,000 annually, without a college degree.
I had been studying many of the motivational speakers and successful people to learn how to achieve those Big Dreams they talked about. I believed in The Power of Positive Thinking and always tried to thing positively and live a positive life. Being positive and believing in myself still didn’t seem to help me achieve my dreams.
The Mental Bank Concept
- Beyond use of Positive Thinking
- Subconscious mechanism that causes things to happen, causes us to make things happen.
- Works because of unconscious power or energy we have within us.
- Biggest Challenge will be to follow through.
- Not a get rich quick scheme, an overnight program, or positive thinking.
- It is steady incremental change.
The Mental Bank Concept is like recipe. All ingredients are necessary for success.
The Ingredients for Success are:
1. Must come to believe in the power of the subconscious mind.
Subconscious mind is a goal machine. It always achieves what it is programmed to achieve.
Good news and Bad news!
It can achieve whatever it is programmed to do. 98% of day is automatic.
is you are responsible for the bad, the bad luck, etc. We create it all! You can’t do anything until you accept it.
It is a signal that comes out. Delivers exactly what we ask for. We need to learn to change the signal.
What’s Stopping Us? HOMEOSTASIS – The innate drive to stay the same.
Dr. Kappas developed program to take these elements in a new and unique way that takes only 2-3 minutes per night.
You have got be able to overcome homeostasis for 2-3 minutes per night.
Change happens incrementally. Not in one session.
Question is, can you do it?
2. Daily Reinforcement
- Every day reconfirms it’s belief about you. Every day you are in the situation you are in, it affirms where you are. If we are going to change we need to challenge this on a daily basis.
- Think of mind as bucket of water. Put a pebble in the bucket. Water doesn’t change. But, the more and more pebbles you put in, it will eventually be no water in the bucket.
- Limited Mind Script – Homeostasis Floor and Ceiling. We will only go as far up as the script is then it will send us down until we get to low point and then it will then motivate us. This is different for all of us.
We need to send new signals, and we need to do it every day.
3. Symbolic Language to communicate with the Subconscious Mind.
- Must talk to the subconscious mind in a language it understands. Dr. Kappas selected the Dollar Sign ($) and numbers (1,2,3,4…)
- In our culture, the $ symbolizes success and prosperity.
- The mind is digital ( a big computer ), recognizes that 4 is more than 2, that 10 is more than 5. But we had to deliver this language to the subconscious mind.
- Hypnosis does it with a guided method. But, that can be cost prohibitive. So, we ave to be able to do it by ourselves on a daily basis.
- Tapped into the back door to subconscious mind.
4. Ideomotor Response
- Automatic behaviors that we do everyday. Breathing, talking, etc.
- Dr. Kappas chose Handwriting! Use Longhand to deliver this on a daily basis.
- Why handwriting? You can’t duplicate someone’s handwriting. (A signature or short note) An expert can detect a forgery. Handwriting Analysis (Behavioral Graphology).
- Personality doesn’t just come out of handwriting, it goes in.
5. Magic 30 Minutes
- Naturally occurring state – Last 30 minutes before you go to sleep each night.
- Put it in at Homeostasis’ weakest state, your most suggestible state.
- If you change the signal, you can change the outcome.
6. Drop it into Your Dreams
- Take this new signal and drop it into “Precognitive Dreams”.
- Deliver this on a daily basis.
Your life is attempting to predict your future.
Your Subconscious Mind hates unknowns so bad that it would rather lie to you than accept unknowns.
If you try to guess what someone will do, what do you base it on? What they’ve done.
That’s what the mind does. It does what it is use to you doing. You know the old quote from Thomas Jefferson,
If you want to change where you are, you have to change what you are doing. ~~ Thomas Jefferson Click To Tweet
“If you want to change where you are, change what you are doing.”
Your mind is like a boat with Autopilot. What does it do?
Go off course for a while, then pushes you back,
Go off the other way, then pushes you back.
Your mind is like the autopilot, when you get off your “Course”, it has to push you back “on course”.
If you are having problems achieving your goals; Why? If you can’t seem to get that dream job; Why?
If you can’t seem to double or triple your current income; Why?
How many of you deposit Thousands of dollars a day in your checking account?
What would your brain think if it did? Would you worry about money?
Let’s change the signal!
Next week we will go over How to Change Your Signal by using the Mental Bank Method. I will show you how your brain can use the Magic 30 Minutes to change your signal from one of limited beliefs to Success-Oriented, Goal Achieving beliefs that will reset your Subconscious Mind to Get The Goals You Set.
If you like our podcast you can easily go Subscribe to our show on iTunes at
Goal Getting Podcast.com/itunes
or Subscribe to us on Jabbercast
at Goal Getting Podcast.com/jabbercast
The new Jabbercast App is the best listening experience for podcasts. Check it out.
Please follow us below on your favorite social media channel. We would love to hear from you there, too. Send us a Tweet, or Instagram Like.
You can connect with us on your favorite by going to GoalGettingPodcast.com / and then Twitter or Facebook, or Instagram
They will easily take you to the social media platforms and make it easy to follow us.
QUICK & EASY – Click here to go leave a review on iTunes
I get a lot of my quotes from great books that I read. And if you like to listen to books on Audio like I do, I put together a deal with Audible to give Goal Getting Podcast listeners a FREE Audiobook of your choice AND a 30 Day Trial of Audible’s service to try them out.
Just click the link in the Blue Box to get to the Audible sign up!
Make Today a Great Day!
Like our Facebook page
Follow us on Twitter:
Podcast at @GoalsPodcast
Tony Woodall, Your Host at @TonyWCMB
Follow us on Instagram at @GoalGettingPodcast